Stephanie Rice Twitter Scandal: Why Did Stephanie Rice Retire? Know Job, What Does Stephanie Rice Do

May 2024 · 3 minute read

Stephanie Rice Twitter Scandal: Former Australian swimmer, Stephanie Rice, 35, has apologized after sharing a homophobic slur on Twitter. Following this controversial online comment, she faced a lot of backlash.

Watch Latest Video on YouTube: Subscribe

Stephanie Rice Twitter Scandal

Stephanie Rice, 35, a former swim athlete who has won the Olympics three times, said sorry to everyone publicly for homophobic remarks on Twitter about gay people on Twitter. She lost a deal with Jaguar because of it.

She used bad words after Australia won a rugby game against South Africa, which made gay rights groups upset. A famous gay former rugby player, Ian Roberts, called her foolish. At a press conference in Sydney.

Stephanie Rice said sorry and explained that her words were not like her and that she didn’t mean to hurt anyone.

“I owe it to those who I have offended to publicly say I am sorry,” she said, I am not a person who judges others or speaks in a way that hurts others. It is not me to give offense to other people no matter who they are.”

See also  Stephanie Rice Partner: Is Stephanie Rice Married? Check Heartbreak with SAS Australia's Ant Middleton and Quade Cooper Relationship

“My comments were thoughtless and careless and I’ve learned a lot in the last couple of days. I’ve learned I must think before I speak and this has been a very important lesson.”

Stephanie Rice Job: What Does Stephanie Rice Do Now?

Stephanie Louise Rice is a former Australian competitive swimmer, who won three gold medals in her swimming career at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing and was awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia on 26 January 2009.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by STEPHANIE RICE (@itsstephrice)

She confirmed her retirement in 2014 leaving behind a legacy of versatile sportwoman in the history of pool. After resigning, she began to pursue her career in reality television shows. She made her appearances in SAS: Who Dares Wins and Celebrity Apprentice.

Why Did Stephanie Rice Retire?

Australian Olympic swimming legend Stephanie Rice has recently given an interview with SAS’s Ant Middleton where she candidly spoke about her career struggle after resigning from her professional swimming career.

See also  Zima Anderson SAS Accident Injury, What Happened to Zima on SAS Australia? With Broken Arm

She told Ant Middleton on the show, “I really struggled. I felt really lost after I finished swimming. I didn’t feel like I had any purpose or any direction and I didn’t feel like anybody understood,”

She also opened up about the disappointment of the 2012 London Olympics. She said, “Eight months out of the London Olympics, I tore the tendons in my shoulder, I remember sitting down with a physio and he said that I would need surgery to recover it.”

She continued, “My goal was to compete at the London Olympics, whether I had a torn tendon in my shoulder or not. I was not going to miss that opportunity. I trained through pain every single day.

“When I think about failure, I would think about the London Olympics. Everything went wrong. I got injured, I got sick. I needed a break to step away from swimming. Things didn’t align the way I knew they could have.”

“I just remember really longing for it to be over. And that was the day of the opening ceremony, just wanting it to be done. I couldn’t wait for it to be over so I could actually take a break.”

See also  Stephanie Rice Net Worth 2024, How Old Is Stephanie Rice Age? Know Height

ncG1vNJzZmiapa%2FHb7rAspigZpOkunC%2F056noZmenrJuvsicnGasp57BtbHRZqqcmZ6Zrq151qGwZpyZmXq0wMSpn5qmmZp6s7XCnmSrnaSev6Z5yqemsGWapK9w