Leon Pilewski Died: A Pillar of Education and Community

May 2024 · 2 minute read

Leon Pilewski, the respected Assistant Principal at Robert C. Byrd High School in Clarksburg, West Virginia, has passed away suddenly. His death was confirmed on Friday, October 27, 2023. The news of his passing has deeply affected all who had the pleasure of meeting him during his lifetime.

A Lasting Impact

Pilewski’s death leaves a void in the heart of the educational community. His dedication and commitment to his students were evident throughout his career. As an assistant principal, he not only focused on academics but also on the overall development of his students.

Tributes Pour In

The community is mourning the loss of this esteemed educator. Barry Clef, a former student, paid tribute to Pilewski, sharing his fond memories of him. He spoke about the plans he had hoped to discuss with Pilewski about building a storm shelter at Robert C. Byrd High School, which could also be used for picnics. He had intended to name it “Pilewski Pavillion” in honor of the late assistant principal.

Rest In Peace Mr. Leon Pilewski…He was my high school assistant principal and I made him work pretty hard back then. We got to know each other very well later in life and he served as principal for my daughter, 2007-2010.I meant to speak with Mr. Pilewski over the past couple of years about possibly building a storm shelter at RCB that could also be used for picnics on campus. My thought was to name the shelter, Pilewski Pavillion, but now I can’t ask him because I waited too long. Coincidentally, a pavillion is in the works now.If you get time, take a minute to listen to his last commencement address in 2011, I will put the video I took in the comments below.“Make it a great day, or not, the choice is yours.”- Leon Pilewski

A Life Dedicated to Education

Pilewski served as principal before taking on the role of assistant principal. His influence extended beyond the school premises, reaching out to the community and shaping the lives of countless students.

Cause of Death

At the time of writing, the exact cause of Pilewski’s sudden death has not been specified. Further details will be provided as they become available.

The death of Leon Pilewski is a significant loss to the educational community. His legacy will continue to inspire future generations of students and educators alike.

ncG1vNJzZminqJyusb%2BNqKmgZ5yavK95z6Kjnq%2BjoLZusMiem2aZXaW2rbjAq2Sonl2asbavwK2gqKZdlrulecKopKatnp7Buns%3D