Damian Smith Wiki; John Gidding, Married, Age, Job, Husband, Divorce, Facts

May 2024 · 4 minute read
Damian-Smith Published Date: 14 Sep, 2021 Updated date: 14 Sep, 2021 By Phil

Damian Smith came to the limelight following his same-sex relationship with Turkish-American designer and television personality, John Gidding. The two even walked down the aisle together a few years ago. So are they still married? Let’s find out!

Also, find out more about who Damian Smith is, his job & net worth, age, family, husband, and some interesting facts.

Damian Smith is an Australian retired ballet dancer who previously was a principal dancer at the San Francisco Ballet. As of now, he is the artistic director of The National Theatre Ballet School in Melbourne, Australia.

Who Is Damian Smith? His Job & Net Worth

Finding his dancing passion from a young age, Damian joined the San Francisco Ballet in 1996. Two years later, he got promoted to soloist and again to a principal dancer in 2001.

During his time at San Francisco Ballet, Damian created roles with exceptional choreographers including Christopher Wheeldon. Similarly, he performed in the US, Australia, the UK, Germany, France, the Netherlands, and Hongkong as a guest artist.

Eventually, in 2014, Damian left the San Francisco Ballet after working there for more than 18 years. He then performed at several galas afterward. As of now, Damian is currently the artistic director of The National Theatre Ballet School in Melbourne, Australia.

Learn About: How Old is Brady Farrar? His Age, Brother, Gay & Facts

From his professional career, Damian certainly bags a commanding net worth which remains under review as of now.

Is Damian Smith Still Married To John Gidding?

Damian Smith met the HGTV star and former fashion model, John Gidding, online. After three months of dating, the pair decided to get engaged with one another.

Eventually, in 2013, Damian and John shared the wedding vows amidst a blissful ceremony. It was not that long after the gay-marriage was legalized in the country.

However, the couple’s married life took a u-turn some years later as their separation began in 2015. Later in 2018, their divorce was finalized.

Speaking to Metro Weekly in 2019, John opened up about his marriage and divorce life stating,

The marriage thing was an interesting experience for me. I would say I’m still reeling from the divorce. It’s been three years since it began, three months since it was finalized. Not that it was a bad divorce but I got swept up in the enthusiasm for marriage once it became legalized and hadn’t really thought it through, I would say. Now I am a little more cautious. I used to kind of leap into things. Long story short: I’m single and dipping my toe in dating.

Fast forward to September 2021, both Damian and John seem to be leading a single life. In fact, both of them are happy with their personal life and professional career.

Damian Smith Bio & Family; Age, Parents, Ethnicity, Height

As per some wiki sources, Damian Smith was born in 1973 in Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia. He is 48 years of age as of now and celebrates his birthday on 17 February every year.

Talking about his family, he is the youngest of six children of his parents. His mother, Barbara Ann Smith is a teacher who took care of Damian and his siblings after their father, Walter Roy Smith died when Damian was just 3.

It was Barbara who introduced Damian to ballet dancing. As a result, he began his dance career at the tender age of 9. Sadly, Barbara too passed away in July 2020.

You May Like: Where Is World of Dance’s Savannah Kristich Now? Her Age, Mom, Height, Facts

About 6 feet (1.8 meters) tall in height, Damian is of Indigenous descent. He holds white ethnicity and his birth sign is Aquarius.

Some Interesting Facts About Damian Smith

ncG1vNJzZmiblaGyo7%2FPqJuirZ1jsLC5jp2YpqGRo3q0ucitn2ain527brPInZuippdiuqK%2B0aKcnWWRnLJw