Alyssa Milano Accused of Getting Shannen Doherty Fired from Charmed According to Co-Stars C

May 2024 · 4 minute read

Costar Holly Marie Combs claims that a tense relationship between herself and famous actress Alyssa Milano led to Shannen Doherty’s termination from the program.

Alyssa Milano did not seem to be overly enamored with her co-star.

Holly Marie Combs, a co-star on Charmed, claims that the actress threatened to have Shannen Doherty fired from the WB series due to their falling out.

In the early 2000s, Combs remembered meeting with a producer to find out why Doherty was going to stop playing Prue Halliwell. 

“On the December 18 edition of Doherty’s Let us Be Clear podcast, she stated, ‘We did not mean to—but we have been backed into this corner—we are basically in this position where it is one or the other.'” “Alyssa has threatened to sue us for creating a hostile work environment. We were told it was her or Shannen.”

Combs, who played Piper from 1998 to 2006, stated that she was taken aback by the drama because she did not recall any “brawls” or “harsh words” between the actresses in front of the crew; instead, she believed that the majority of the tension occurred behind the scenes.

Even Doherty was unable to recall any instances of inappropriate behavior on set. 

She added that neither the crew nor the special guest stars were aware of the tension that existed between the three behind the scenes.

“There are people who behave badly and get away with it,” the actress continued. “I do not think people realize that it never happened here.”

At the time, Combs, 50, was ready to walk away from the show and even told Levin she wouldn’t be moving forward without Doherty, who at the time had publicly said she had quit the show.

According to Combs, Levin responded to her ultimatum with what “felt like blackmail,” as he threatened to sue her if she quit.

Doherty’s character, Prue Halliwell, was killed off in the Season 3 finale in 2001, and she was later replaced by Rose McGowan’s character, Paige.

The “Beverly Hills, 90210” star remembered her post-fire anguish and bewilderment.

“I kind of relived everything in my head for a year after that, searching for those [said inappropriate behavior on set] moments, but I could not find them,” Doherty, 52, said.

“On set, I do not recall ever treating her badly. She did something over the Christmas break, and they asked me to work around some things with her. I had no issues with that, as I recall from an episode I directed. “I was incredibly understanding and kind,” Doherty went on.

The 30-year-old “Heathers” actress expressed her regret at not having handled the situation differently when she was “older and wiser.”

“I would have filed a lawsuit and been truthful about the circumstances because the rumors would have followed me no matter what,” she declared.

While Doherty has moved on with her life, she still hasn’t forgiven and forgotten.

“As you get older, you accept that a situation happened. Acceptance and moving on with your life do not equate to forgiveness,” the podcaster continued. “You just learn a lesson, look at somebody differently, and move on.”

Reps for Milano weren’t immediately available for comment.

Meanwhile, Doherty initially opened up about her strained relationship with Milano, 50, during part one of the podcast episode with Combs last week.

Doherty claimed she was prevented from visiting Combs in the hospital in the late 1990s by the “Who’s the Boss” star and her mom.

I did not even have an easy time getting in after waiting a full day for your surgery. “I was terrified of hospitals.” Doherty remembered, “I was, like, being told I could not even get in.”

You were ignorant of the fact that Ashley and her mother were preventing others from seeing you at the time. I recall you texting me, asking, “Dude, when are you going to come see me?”

Since then, Milano has acknowledged that she feels “guilt” from her past and regrets how she handled Doherty.

“You know, I could take responsibility for a lot of the tension that we had,” she said in a 2017 interview with E!’s “Daily Pop,” adding that she was still in contact with her ex-costar.

“I believe that rather than being about the sisterhood that the show was so much about, a lot of our struggle stemmed from my sense of competition. And I feel a little bad about my involvement in that.”

ncG1vNJzZmiolZq9tMPIs2Wcp51kwbd7wKWwrKuRYrqquMCnpmaZk5jCtLHDZqafZZeawbW1zaBkrKCRo7umuoydpqGdoqnGbrLIq5ydZZanvK55wqGYq6WVmXqir8KoqZ2hnpx6tbuMnKZmq6SWv7R5wqWYoqWjZA%3D%3D