Is Nick Kyrgios Retired? Nick Kyrgioss Future Plan

May 2024 · 3 minute read

In recent times, rumors have been swirling around the tennis world about the possible retirement of Australian tennis sensation Nick Kyrgios. Fans and media alike have been speculating on the 28-year-old’s future in the sport. In this article, we will delve into the sources and statements from Kyrgios himself to answer the burning question: Is Nick Kyrgios retired?

Watch Latest Video on YouTube: Subscribe

Is Nick Kyrgios Retired?

Rumors surrounding Nick Kyrgios’s retirement started gaining momentum after a newspaper column suggested that the 28-year-old tennis star was contemplating leaving the professional tennis scene. The column hinted at Kyrgios being tired of playing tennis and seeking an early exit from the sport.

However, Kyrgios swiftly addressed these rumors, asserting, “No, I’m not. I’m coming back, so the retirement rumors are ridiculous.” This statement was made during an interview on Eurosport, where he categorically denied any plans to retire.

Did Nick Kyrgios Retire?

Despite the persistent rumors, Nick Kyrgios has been unwavering in his commitment to the sport. In a recent interview, he addressed the retirement claims directly, stating, “I’m coming back.” This statement aligns with his previous declarations that he is not ready to call it quits on his tennis career.

Kyrgios also took the opportunity to clarify the nature of the newspaper column that sparked the retirement speculations. He mentioned that he had done an interview for the column rather than personally writing it, shedding light on the origin of the misleading information.

Nick Kyrgios’s Future Plan

While Kyrgios has battled injuries and faced setbacks, he remains committed to his tennis career. Despite the limited competitive play in 2023, he has stayed involved in the tennis community by working as a commentator and pundit at his home Grand Slam in Melbourne. In response to the retirement rumors, Kyrgios hinted at his frustration with the challenges he has encountered. According to Source, he expressed weariness with playing tennis, stating, “And I’m OK with that.”

The Rumors and Clarifications

Kyrgios’s One-Match Year in 2023

In 2023, Nick Kyrgios faced a challenging year on the tennis court, playing only one competitive match due to persistent knee and wrist injuries. This led to speculations about his potential retirement, fueled by his limited on-court appearances.

Eurosport Interview – Setting the Record Straight

Addressing the retirement rumors, Kyrgios appeared on Eurosport, where he made it clear that retirement is not on the horizon for him. In his own words, he stated, “No, I’m not. I’m coming back, so the retirement rumors are ridiculous.” This statement directly refutes the claims circulating in various media outlets.

Social Media Denial

Taking the matter into his own hands, Kyrgios also took to social media to dispute reports suggesting his contemplation of retirement. This emphasizes the proactive approach he has taken to counter the misinformation surrounding his professional future.

ncG1vNJzZmisn5muunrNmrCan16YvK57yKxkp6GToHqsxdGgoKirXaeytbXRnpto